Friday, January 6, 2012

Kickin It Off!

A New Year and a new motto for the PaRtY of 5!

"Organizing Well in 2012!"
source

I'll be posting a few ways I have been organizing around here in our bedrooms, bathroom, pantry, storage, etc. Most tips I have found online and will implement here- and then perhaps there will be some original ideas as I go along. There are so many GrEaT resources out there for this stuff!!

Here's the WHY: Since we moved in with my parents, life has been turned a little upside down. I'm working on getting our groove back in organizing. I lOvE organizing. I get excited when I see new ways/containers/spaces to organize stuff because I dislike "StUff" and I can't function until every little thing has a "home". My kids even use the little phrase, "Everything has a place and everythings in its place!" while picking up {on the rare occassion they do pick-up}

So, we live with 9 people total {including our 5} in a 5 bedroom house, 1 living room, 1 dining room, small kitchen, and 1 1/2 bathrooms {which means, yes, 1 shower for 9!}. It's tough to organize when our main living quarters consists of 2 bedrooms (post pics soon), 1/2 bathrom, and ONE litte closet/pantry/medicine cabinet/cleaning supplies shelf.
But, hey, there's good news!! The house sits on 2.5 acres of diRt {yep, makes the average house cleaning that much easier}.
We definitely put the "FUN in dysFUNctional" :)
At least the kids lOvE it!


We moved here to start saving for a home of our own (lost our first house by doing it the wrong way- so now we're trying to go about it right!). So, I don't know how long we'll be here, but I know I can't last much longer without getting things in order!

Stay tuned :) I'm starting with this:
^That's the "shelf" LOL {you thought I was joking?}


Bye 4 now LoVeLieS!

Love, Me
(Colleen)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would lOvE to hear from you!